freelance interpreters wanted
inktale translation & consultancy is looking for qualified consecutive / simultaneous / bsl (british sign language) interpreters to join an existing team of linguists. candidates will offer at least one of the following languages apart from your native language: chinese, english, lao, thai, japanese, korean, vietnamese, indonesian, arabic, romanian, dutch, polish, greek, spanish, french, russian, german.
the role will involve interpreting at international conferences, forums, and seminars. candidates must demonstrate an understanding of and aptitude for working within a fast-past international environment. this is a free-lance role.
who we are
inktale translation & consultancy provides comprehensive language solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace. inktale provides a full array of language and business support services worldwide, including translation and interpreting services, training on foreign norms and cultural quirks, business consultancy and exhibition services. with presence in both shanghai and london, and an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, inktale invites you to make the journey with us. visit our website www.inktale.co.uk for more information.
• degree-level education in the applicable language
• ma in translation and interpreting / bsl interpreting
• proven track record in interpreting experience (3 years minimum)
• overseas education or work experience is a plus
• excellent source and target language skills
• ability to maintain professionalism in all situations
• ability to work well both alone and with team-members
• exemplary punctuality and time management
• working to a professional code of ethics covering confidentiality & impartiality
• knowledge of current affairs, politics and different cultures and customs
• having specialist knowledge of a certain area such as science, engineering, medicine, new energy, business, economics, law or politics is a plus
• reliability, dedication and commitment
• on-going training and support
• be part of a growing and reputable international company
• opportunity to join inktale permanently
please send your cv, along with your cover letter and rates to us. shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our team. please specify the areas you are best at in the cover letter.
please note: the subject line of your cv should read: “your language pair-name-si/ci/bsli-location of residency-years of experience”. e.g. “englishspanish-sharon mcallen-si-australia-3”